Closes: Wednesday, February 21, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Associate degree in any discipline
Required Industry Experience:
- Two-years’ experience in an office setting
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office, and Google Mail/Calendar/Drive/Docs/Sheets/Forms
- Writing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service/communication skills
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Experience with Blackboard, Colleague/Datatel, and E-Procurement
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative, faculty, and student support to a range of academic and short-term training programs. This position is responsible for the everyday operations and effectiveness of the office and management of student data in order to maximize student success. The selected candidate will report to the Department chair of Veterinary Medical Technology.
Please include unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Will be required to submit official copies of transcripts before start date.
This position may have occasional travel between campuses and for training. Occasional after hours may be required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Chair, faculty, and staff.
- Assist with coordinating and maintaining semester schedules, contracts, book orders, and administrative paperwork.
- Answer, direct, and resolve all incoming calls and emails from community partners, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Assist instructors with office equipment-related issues.
- Maintain student records as needed.
- Communicate with the IT Helpdesk for any computer and overhead projector equipment failures or installations, and communicate with the Business Center for all copier issues.
- Arrange departmental meetings as requested and take minutes during all departmental meetings.
- Monitor department supplies; prepare requisitions for clinic, lab, and office supplies based on instructor order requests; and submit departmental requisitions in Etrieve and E-Procurement.
- Retrieve incoming order shipments, inventory the items, and send the packing slips/invoices to accounts payable.
- Submit work orders to the plant maintenance department regarding facility maintenance needs in the educational areas and animal facilities.
- This position will also provide support to faculty and programs in other departments as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Actively support the college’s vision of exceptional learning for all.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, all employees will encourage a learning environment in which everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.