Closes: Monday, April 12, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree required business administration, office systems technology, or related field. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, grants, business correspondence, and class curricula. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, instructors, students, and the public.
Datatel experience preferred. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
The administrative assistant will provide a variety of administrative office support functions to facilitate course development, student enrollment, reporting, and maintenance of records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries.
- Assisting students in person, by phone, or online to register for classes
- Assisting with scholarship applications and processing
- Preparing Excel sheets to enroll students into Moodle online classes
- Monitoring classes to ensure students enroll prior to census
- Keying contracts and printing course attendance rosters, preparing class registration packets
- Grading rosters, printing certificates, checking class files, and scanning class files at the end of the course
- Check and distribute mail
- Complete class file checklist
- Scan class files
- Print and mail certificates
- Write change forms as needed
- Grade rosters in Datatel, print GROS
- Issue parking passes
NONESSENTIAL OR SECONDARY FUNCTIONS
- Assist with preparing marketing materials and recruitment as needed
- Assist instructors with preparing tests and class materials
- Serve on college committees and events as assigned