Closes: Thursday, August 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in business or related field from an accredited educational institution.
- 3 years of full time verifiable office experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word component of Office 365
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Working knowledge of office equipment (i.e. copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Baccalaureate in Business or related field
- Proficient with Office 365
- 5 years of clerical experience preferably in an Educational Environment
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and technical support to the Vice President of Administrative Services and to the Administrative Services Division. Processes all travel requests by employees, students, and others with Southeastern Community College. In order to accomplish the objectives of the position, the Administrative Assistant performs the following functions:
- Handles telephone calls and public contact with visitors, vendors, and faculty and staff members
- Retrieves, opens and routes or handles as appropriate internal and external mail
- Performs routine clerical functions – Filing, scanning, recording and disposal of documents.
- Assists in mailroom operations by coordinating coverage of services, ensuring available postage for the mail meter, distributing federal express, certified mail and other mailing forms and relieving staff when necessary.
- Oversees the operation of the faxing/printing/copying functions in Administrative Services, Building A.
- Processes all Justification for Travels, Travel Requests and supporting documentation preparing them for advance payments, coordinates registrations and upon completion of travel, processes all Travel Reimbursement Requests verifying accuracy and determining if funds are owed the employee, students and others with Southeastern Community College.
- Verifies data for all buildings and rooms and maintains the building and rooms inventory using the DAVE system created by the Higher Education Facility Commission
- Schedules and coordinates all on-campus events requested from non-college entities.
- Oversees and assists students and student athletes with completion and submission of accident claims
- Point of Contact for all Insurance Claims and Insurance Invoicing.
- Prepares and distributes various types of correspondence for the Vice President of Administrative Services and Directors in Administrative Services.
- Arranges meetings by locating appropriate space; notifying participants of date, time and place; and notifying participants of changes and/or cancellations
- Takes minutes of meetings for the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Initiates requisitions for the purchase of office supplies and materials for the Vice-President of Administrative Services, Business Office and Human Resources
- Prepares Blanket Purchase Orders for Purchases and Leases for the Administrative Division.
- Works with Federal Work Study Students and PT Students assigned to the Business Office.
- Occasionally assists with special college functions for the Administrative Services division and other areas
- Prepares and submits data for the NC State Annual Energy Audit
- Participates in professional development activities as needed
How to Apply
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience and labor market. This position is to be filled no later than September 3, 2019.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 15, 2019. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P. O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact