Closes: Sunday, May 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in business or related field from an accredited educational institution.
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree Business or related field
- 5 years of administrative experience preferably in an Educational Environment, NCCCS experience or business management.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical, administrative and project support to the Administrative Services division. This position maintains current general knowledge of appropriate college and departmental policies, processes and procedures in an effort to ensure efficiency and integrity of the division. Participates in the coordination of special projects The Administrative Assistant for Administrative Services provides clerical and technical support to the Vice President of Administrative Services and to the Administrative Services Division. In order to accomplish the objectives of the position, the Administrative Assistant for Administrative Services performs the following functions.
Clerical Duties for VP of Administrative Services and to the Administrative Services division:
- Handles telephone calls and public contact with visitors, vendors, and faculty and staff members
- Performs routine clerical functions – Filing, scanning, recording and disposal of documents
- Retrieves, opens, and routes or handles as appropriate internal and external mail for the Administrative Services division.
- Prepares and distributes various types of correspondence for the Vice President of Administrative Services and the Senior Director of Facilities and Operations.
- Takes minutes of meetings for the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Processes all justification for travel, travel requests and supporting documentation preparing them for advance payments, coordinates registrations and upon completion of travel, processes all travel reimbursement requests for the Vice President of Administrative Services and Senior Director of Facilities and Operations.
- Prepares blanket purchase orders for recurring purchases and leases for the Administrative Services Division.
- Initiates requisitions for the purchase of office supplies for the Vice President of Administrative Services, the Business Office, and Human Resources.
- Arranges administrative services (as needed) meetings by locating appropriate space; notifying participants of date, time and location; and notifying participants of changes and/or cancellations.
- Reconciles all leave requests and timesheets for the Administrative Services division.
General Duties for Administrative Services:
- Assists in mailroom operations by coordinating coverage of services, ensuring available postage for the mail meter, distributing federal express, certified mail and other mailing forms and relieving staff when necessary.
- Collaborates with the maintenance department to assist data collection for the annual space utilization report for all buildings and rooms inventory using the DAVE system created by the Higher Education Facility Commission.
- Oversees and assists students and student athletes with completion and submission of accident claims.
- Coordinates all insurance claims and insurance invoicing.
- Works with Federal Work Study Students and PT Students assigned to the Business Office.
- Assists with special college functions for the Administrative Services division and other areas of the college as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities as needed.
How to Apply
The successful candidate must begin work by June 1, 2022. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be April 29, 2022. Applications open until filled.
Applicants should submit all documents as requested on the SCC website. Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 788-6310 or (910) 788-6206. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Post Contact