Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Monday, May 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Office Administration or related field;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent office management experience.
1. Experience in an administrative support position related to Instructional Services;
2. Experience with Colleague software;
3. Experience in a high volume office setting;
4. Microsoft Office Specialist Certification;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs administrative assistant support duties for the Arts & Sciences Division and the Dean of Arts & Sciences.
1. Schedules development including inputting the schedule into Colleague for eleven departments, inputting staff, and updating schedule to reflect changes, additions, and cancellations. Provides telephone and receptionist services; prepares and follows up on work orders related to building maintenance and IT issues.
2. Uses of a variety of software to facilitate the operation of the division including Microsoft Office, Colleague, E-Procurement, WebAdvisor, R25, PeopleAdmin, NEOGOV, and School Dude.
3. Keeps up-to-date on all policies and procedures.
4. Compiles and files the payroll requests for part-time instructors, staff, and student workers.
5. Schedules appointments and pleasantly and professionally interact with visitors.
6. Prepares faculty workload report for full-time and part-time faculty, and adjunct agreements payroll requests.
7. Coordinates catalog proofs and changes with the Dean’s office and Department Chairs.
8. Maintains the division webpage, maintains division webpage directory, and takes chair and division meeting minutes.
9. Maintains the mailroom: stocks paper, checks and distributes mail twice daily, stocks supplies.
10. Stocks the classrooms with materials and maintains the division pathways display.
11. Maintains the building bulletin boards for inappropriate or outdated items.
12. Handles E-procurement orders.
13. Performs regular office management functions.
14. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
15. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.