Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associate’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent work experience in an administrative support role performing administrative assistant duties;
1. Experience in an administrative support position related to Instructional Services in higher education.
2. Experience with Colleague software.
3. Experience in a high-volume office setting.
4. Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs administrative assistant support duties along with the other administrative assistant for the Arts & Sciences Division and the Dean of Arts & Sciences.
1. Inputs class schedules for eight academic departments.
2. Compiles and files the payroll requests for part-time instructors, staff, and student workers.
3. Prepares faculty workload report for full-time and part-time faculty and adjunct agreements payroll requests.
4. Prepares and follows up on work orders related to building maintenance and IT issues.
5. Uses of a variety of software to facilitate the operation of the division including Microsoft Office, Colleague, E-Procurement,
25Live, PeopleAdmin, and School Dude.
6. Keeps up-to-date on all policies and procedures.
7. Maintains the division webpage and takes chair and division meeting minutes.
8. Maintains the mailroom.
9. Stocks the classrooms with materials.
10. Maintains the building bulletin boards for inappropriate or outdated items.
11. Handles E-procurement orders.
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.