Closes: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least three years’ experience in an administrative/clerical support role required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a proclivity for being proactive, independent, and tactful in handling duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated administrative/secretarial competencies through internal testing required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor management systems preferred.
Open until filled - applications reviewed upon receipt
Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer and the Development Office, which encompasses performing and coordinating multiple administrative duties, tasks, and responsibilities in support of various departmental functions including grants, special projects, and development operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including creating departmental and College-wide communications, correspondence, and related documents; performing grammar and content reviews (e.g., proof-reading and editing documents).
- Manage various electronic and hardcopy calendars and schedules.
- Assist with meeting preparation and administration for the Foundation Board and other projects and teams including creating agendas, securing meeting locations, set-up, and needed technology, developing and organizing supporting documents, contacting and verifying attendees, managing all catering and related duties when needed, accurately recording minutes, managing “tear-down/clean-up” of meeting locations, and following up on the status and completion of action items and related duties or tasks.
- Receive, process, and/or respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries with a strong customer service focus.
- Regularly handle sensitive and confidential information with judgment and tact.
- Serve as a resource for general information about the Development Office and the Foundation.
- Regularly communicate and interact with internal and external customers, clients, vendors, and various organizations or entities.
- Submit and track applicable helpdesk requests through completion.
- Manage hardcopy and electronic files and records including organizing, filing, imaging, and retrieving of all records associated with the Development Office and Foundation, including but not limited to scholarship funds and donors.
- Maintain accurate lists of Foundation board and committee members, past and present, including personal and contact information.
- Prepare and process all department mailings including, but not exclusive to, annual pledge reminders, fundraising solicitations, and event invitations.
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring for the Development Office budget.
- Track expenses and prepare purchase requisitions and check requests for the Development Office and Foundation.
- Process bank deposits for the department and Foundation as needed. Serve as the campus liaison for Foundation check requests.
- Make and coordinate travel, accommodation, and related arrangements as needed and prepare and process all related forms for reimbursement in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies, arrange for repair and maintenance of office equipment as needed, and generate E-Procurement requisitions for supplies/equipment for the department as needed.
- Provide scholarship administration assistance to the office of financial aid as requested.
- Plan, coordinate, and assist with activities related to special projects, special events, and assignments including researching, analyzing, summarizing, organizing and compiling data; preparing reports; and providing assistance with preparing information for presentations and related responsibilities.
- Remain current and maintain a high level of proficiency with office technology and software.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Development Operations, enter and maintain accurate scholarship and donor information in the Foundation’s scholarship management software system, and maintain accurate contact lists in the Foundation’s donor management system for special event invitations sent by the Development and President’s offices.
- Coordinate special events related to donor stewardship and recognition including, but not limited to, groundbreakings, building dedications, and donor recognition luncheons/dinners.
- Assist with updates to the Gaston College Foundation website.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of a monthly newsletter for alumni and donors.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and supervising department work-study students as needed and appropriate.
- Anticipate the needs of others in the department in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College and Foundation including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established College guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to donors and college constituents by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact