Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years previous administrative experience.
- English- and Spanish-speaking proficiencies are essential. As such only bilingual applicants will be considered. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Switchboard, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Mail/Drive experience. Ability to undertake multiple tasks.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Supports Continuing Education by providing excellent customer service to callers and guests, and provides administrative support.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- CE switchboard duties; respond to calls with excellent customer service, screening and forwarding as appropriate, and assisting with CCCC website navigation
- Receive visitors; answering and referring inquiries
- Deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Understand all processes relating to CE registrations (senior audits, HRD waivers, etc.); follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Process on-site/telephone class registrations (including data entry in Colleague/Datatel), respond to course/schedule inquiries
- Maintain student waiting list for pending CE courses
- Update student information accordingly in Colleague/Datatel
- Assist with preparation of class paperwork for Harnett CE offerings. Confirm classes with students/instructors. Process cancellations as appropriate.
- Maintain records and other documentation. Appropriately handle, transfer and maintain confidential hard/electronic class files, keeping private data secure
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal (e.g. Business Office, CE Registrar, and Documents and Compliance Administrator, etc.) and external (e.g. students, 3rd party payers, etc.) partners
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Serve as back-up for printing course completion certificates; including distribution
- Assist Director of Continuing Education with projects as necessary
- Serve as back-up for performing daily cash balancing tasks following Business Office procedural requirements
Other duties as required
This position is open until filled.