RCC Main Campus
Closes: Thursday, December 14, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
An Associate Degree in Office System Technology or a business-related program from an accredited institution with a minimum of two years’ work experience in administrative office management or five years’ work experience as an administrative assistant.
The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Building a large and complex volume of Continuing Education course sections in Colleague.
- Accurately register students in classes on campus or offsite in the absence of the director, delivering or picking up class materials and equipment to classes throughout the county as needed, sometimes after hours.
- Collect required tuition and fees from students and agencies and process per college and state policy.
- Processing payroll, timecards, contracts, and timesheets accurately to include accurately calculating time sheets, and payroll including comparing time sheets with rosters and absentee records and revising contracts as necessary to update and maintain the class file and payroll book.
- Entering extensive volumes of data into computer database software and verifying it for accuracy after verifying accuracy of source documents.
- Participate in the researching of complex problems and discrepancies in records, transcripts, and course schedules.
- Effectively utilize Registration Management System (Colleague) functions to build sections and register students to include SECT, RGN, RGST, EVAL, XATT, etc.….
- Stay current with all Continuing Education program requirements
- Represents programs at functions in absence of director/coordinator.
- Participate in student registration activities; both on and off-campus; nights and weekends as needed.
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding the registration process, financial aid eligibility forms, deadlines, and requirements.
- Ensure that regulatory or accrediting agencies receive appropriate forms and reports accurately completed prior to deadlines.
- Prepare enrollment and attendance reports along with statistical reports as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files in accordance with audit and outside agency standards.
- Review and evaluate completeness of files and records; request information as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating student records (in paper and electronic formats) and processing correspondence to support the enrollment status and documentation of attendance for students.
- Receiving, screening, and placing telephone calls using proper etiquette.
- Ordering materials and supplies following prescribed procedures and state regulations.
- Typing documents from rough drafts or dictation at 35-40 words per minute with no mistakes.
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to use features such as mail merge, creating pamphlets and reports, creating spreadsheets, sorting and formatting data using critical thinking to prepare reports or spreadsheets from raw data.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a timely, courteous manner. This will include extensive communication while projecting a positive professional image with students, instructors, coworkers, and the public.
- Handling customer questions and problems in a timely, courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/personal development activities as requested while Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of support provided to Robeson Community College.
- Providing facilities scheduling and management support as requested.
- Familiar with social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
- All other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.