Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, November 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Office Administration or related field;
2. Office management experience.
1. Experience in an administrative support position related to Instructional Services;
2. Experience with Colleague software;
3. Experience in a high volume office setting;
4. Microsoft Office Specialist Certification.
Job Description Summary
Performs administrative assistant support duties for the Arts & Sciences Division and the Dean of Arts & Sciences.
1. Schedule development including inputting the schedule into Colleague for eleven departments, inputting staff, and updating schedule to reflect changes, additions, and cancellations. Provides telephone and receptionist services; prepares and follows up on work orders related to building maintenance and IT issues;
2. Use of a variety of software to facilitate the operation of the division including Microsoft Office, Colleague, E-Procurement, WebAdvisor, R25, PeopleAdmin, Success Factors, and School Dude;
3. Keep up-to-date on all policies and procedures;
4. Schedule appointments and professionally interact with visitors;
5. Prepare faculty workload report for full-time and part-time faculty, adjunct agreements and payroll requests for part-time instructors, staff, and student workers;
6. Coordinate catalog proofs and changes with the Dean’s office and Department Chairs;
7. Perform regular office management functions;
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.