Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Office Administration, Human Resources, or Emergency Services related degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent administrative assistant experience.
1. One year of full-time or equivalent experience in a public safety agency administrative office;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in Human Resources;
3. Current or previous NC certification in law enforcement, fire or EMS credentials;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides administrative support duties for the Emergency Services Division. Performs office tasks such as scheduling meetings, classes and rooms, composing correspondence, answering and routing telephone calls/taking messages, greeting visitors, photocopying for the division, and serving as an information center for the building. Performs duties related to payroll, preparing and entering contracts for classes; both curriculum and continuing education. The Emergency Services Division prepares students for public safety initial or continued employment and therefore creates an environment similar to a public safety agency.
1. Provides excellent customer service by greeting visitors and answering phones.
2. Assists faculty in preparation of course materials.
3. Processes electronic answer sheets, produces various reports from the Scantron system.
4. Creates and prepares division reports, program review documentation, and self-study materials for outside accrediting bodies and boards.
5. Records and prepares summaries of leave.
6. Prepares summary of monthly time sheets for part time employees and submits a payroll expenditures report to the Office of Administrative Services.
7. Collects and processes adjunct faculty agreements and completes payroll forms and required documents.
8. Processes and keeps records of travel requests and reimbursements. Maintains record of travel expenditures by department.
9. Completes and monitors purchase requisitions.
10. Serves on committees.
11. Assists with coordination and preparation of departmental advisory committee meetings, takes and prepares minutes.
12. Prepares semester schedules via Excel, Colleague, and other systems.
13. Maintains room schedule for Emergency Services Training Center.
14. Prepares and maintains affiliation agreements for the clinical sites within the Emergency Services Division.
15. Serves as campus cashier and bookstore coordinator, working closely with the main campus bookstore, business office.
16. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
17. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.