Closes: Thursday, August 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree required in related field. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related position.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Statement of Primary Purpose
Assists students through the onboarding financial aid process by providing friendly and informative service. Serves as the primary point of contact for students inquiring about financial aid and Registrar office processes. Receives and processes documents using the student information and imaging software systems. Work week is divided equally (50%) among the Financial Aid and Registrar’s offices.
Office Support, full-time, non-exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Delivery of Services to Students
• Provides a positive and professional experience for students and families making the first contact with the SCC Financial Aid Office, either in the office, via phone or email.
• Maintains a friendly, inviting presence, under all conditions, while providing needed assistance.
• Is knowledgeable about all SCC financial aid programs and the many student eligibility requirements, in order to accurately and thoroughly answer detailed questions frequently asked by applicants.
• Is knowledgeable about the Registrar office transcript processes to include stat entry, scanning and mailing.
• Assists students needing help filing financial aid applications, including those in the adjacent computer lab.
• Understands SCC Programs of Study and those eligible for students to receive financial aid.
• Advises students of the next steps that need to be completed, and identifies which students need to meet with another FA staff member.
• Reviews submitted financial aid documents for completeness, and corresponds with students about missing information.
• Records intake of documents in Colleague and scans documents into the imaging system for the FA and Registrar’s office which includes high school and college transcripts sent to SCC.
• Collects information from students upon initial requests for special funding such as student loans or Finish Line grants.
• Manages the NC Childcare Grant program, including communicating with recipients and tracking and processing funds expenditures.
• Provides clerical support including preparing daily student mailings, printing of transcripts, and data entry for FA and Registrar’s office.
• Assists with commencement and end of term processes as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists other Student Services staff on special projects, as needed.
Associate’s degree required in related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related position.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent customer service skills and professional communications skills
• Ability to perform detailed tasks accurately with constant interruptions
• Strong computer skills with a focus on financial applications
Must remain at desk to provide office coverage.
Working Conditions and Environment
Additional hours may be required at peak periods. Normal office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
Standard office equipment.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact