Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree with course work emphasis in business or office administration.
Experience Minimum: One to three years' experience in an administrative office environment
Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the assistant to the department faculty and staff
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories and trains departmental personnel
- Provides training and assistance to faculty (full and part time) on college systems, academic procedures and administrative tasks
- Manages a multi-line telephone system including answering, screening and taking messages
- Uses appropriate software, develops, transcribes, assembles and disseminates information
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes as appropriate
- Creates and updates webpages for all departments
- Assists with CCP Program: advising and registration and information sessions scheduling and setup, CCP files, CCP website updates, etc.
- Processes confidential information
- Creates and tracks purchase requisitions or purchase orders.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Answers questions and gives information about well-defined, but complex, administrative, programmatic or personnel areas
- Monitors and reconciles budget and expense statements with departmental accounts
- Edits, proofs and compiles course documents and departmental reports
- Schedules meetings, appointments, conferences and travel and maintains the schedule of protected room assignments in the department
- Supervises student or temporary employees
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal services and external vendors
- Answers student inquiries about academic department policies and procedures and program/course/curriculum information
- Prepares payroll time sheets on departmental employees and ensures contract submission
- Follows up with faculty to ensure timely and accurate submission of grades and academic reports
- Serves on various institutional committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact