Administrative Assistant - Health Sciences
Closes: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Associate’s degree in any discipline
Required Industry Experience:
- One year experience in an office setting
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office, and Google Mail/Calendar/Drive/Docs/Sheets/Forms
- Writing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service/communication skills
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Experience with Blackboard, Colleague/Datatel, and E-Procurement
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative, faculty, and student support to a range of academic and short-term training programs. This position is responsible for the everyday operations and effectiveness of the office and management of student data in order to maximize student success.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Perform clerical tasks.
- Assist in organizing department activities.
- Assist with preparation of materials for meetings.
- Monitor and track departmental information.
- Monitor department budget and submit departmental requisitions in E-Procurement.
- Assist students with academic and curriculum-specific questions and concerns.
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Actively support the college’s vision of exceptional learning for all.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Administrative Assistant, Health Sciences will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540