Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Thursday, August 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Office Administration, Office Technology or related field;
2. Two years of administrative support experience;
3. Two years of experience working in a position that involved customer care.
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Three years of administrative support experience in a hospitality environment;
3. Three years of experience as administrative assistant within the community college system;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs administrative assistant support duties primarily for Dean and Department Chairs for Culinary Arts, Brewing, Distillation, and Fermentation, Hospitality, and Spa Therapies and Operations. Assumes initiative for carrying out the mission and goals of the Hospitality Department.
1. Serves as the “first impression” for visitors to the Magnolia Building and provides telephone and receptionist services; prepares and follows up on work orders related to building maintenance;
2. Performs administrative assistant duties within the Microsoft Office Suite, composing letters, drafting memos, etc., for instructional programs;
3. Distributes incoming mail; takes and distributes minutes for department meetings;
4. Maintains database of all guests at department lunch and dinner productions. Develops production/event promotional materials and forwards information via guest database;
5. Distributes weekly menus via email groups to college community and outside guests. Takes reservations for weekly luncheons and dinners;
6. Uses 25 Live room scheduling software to schedule department and non-department events in Magnolia and Fernihurst Buildings. Communicates to non-department users their responsibilities while using these spaces;
7. Responds to email requests for information on Hospitality Education programs. Assists with registering students for courses on College Information Systems. Supports department chairs with development of and maintenance of program orientation packets and prospective student materials;
8. Completes travel authorizations and request for reimbursement forms for division faculty; orders supplies via e-procurement system for Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Brewing, Distillation, and Fermentation;
9. Assists Dean and instructors with department’s involvement in special events. Prepares capstone invitation list for review by Dean, monitors guest responses, and makes adjustments as needed. Develops list and contacts industry judges for capstone event;
10. Serves as customer service informational support regarding Mountain Tech Lodge queries;
11. Assists in organizing annual Advisory Committee meetings; takes minutes and distributes to Dean, Instructors, and Advisory Committee members;
12. Compiles information for American Culinary Federation annual and reaccreditation reports; assists with site team visit preparations (slated for March 2019);
13. Tracks student grades and course requirements to determine readiness for work-based learning;
14. Assists department chairs in maintaining individual web pages;
15. Assists student Hot Food Team and Hospitality Education Clubs with fundraisers and student portfolios;
16. Enters Culinary Arts, Hospitality Education, Brewing, Distillation, and Fermentation schedules in College Information System;
17. Provides support to division administrative assistant;
18. Positively contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement;
19. Other duties as assigned.