Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED; completion of a minimum of at least one (1) course beyond high school related to office or administrative support skills (may include computer or office technology skills); and one (1) year of full-time experience (or the equivalent in part-time) experience in an office environment working in an administrative support position
Typical office environment; infrequently lifting and carrying items up to 10 lbs.; infrequently twisting or bending at the waist or reaching overhead; infrequently traveling between buildings on campus or to other campuses; frequently listening to and talking with students, faculty and other staff members either in person or by telephone; frequently sitting at a desk or workstation using a computer display, keyboard, and mouse
-This is a Grant Funded position-
The College and Career Readiness Department offers a variety of pre-college options to help students successfully transition to college or seek employment. NextGen is a grant-funded WIOA program focused on education, training, and employment. NextGen serves out-of-school youth, ages 16 – 24. Central Piedmont is in the 6th year of being a provider for this program. The CCR department includes pre-GED/HiSET, Adult High School, High School Equivalency; English as a Second Language; Rise2Work, Career Development, Refugee Education, and Special Learning Needs. Please visit our website at www.cpcc.edu/ccr
A successful candidate will be student focused and eager to provide assistance to students and support to the program team. A successful candidate will also be organized, detail oriented and able to maintain records, including student activities in NCWorks, and will continually improve programmatic processes and provide high level administrative and program support.
• Accurate and efficient with data entry tasks and file management
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Patient and approachable; willing to assist students, team members and supervisors with requests and questions
• Proficient using technology including Google Suite and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with students and colleagues
• Understanding of FERPA privacy laws and the importance of maintaining confidentiality
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and clerical tasks in support of instruction programs, learning initiatives and operations of an academic unit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides detailed information to current students and prospective students regarding department's instruction programs and policies; responds to faculty and student inquiries by phone or in person.
2. May assist faculty with acquiring and assembling class materials and equipment; may assist with coordination of new faculty orientation.
3. May process course forms and information; may enter course and faculty information into computer system.
4. May type and proofread a variety of instructional material including correspondence, reports, and exams; may gather, summarize, analyze and assist in preparing comprehensive reports for learning outcome and instruction program evaluation.
5. May assist in preparing teaching contracts for part-time faculty; may monitor class load to ensure contract compliance; may inform Director of any discrepancies.
6. May monitor budget of various academic units; may inform Director regarding budget status; may assist in compiling information for budget transfers.
7. May review requisitions content and conformance to current instruction and college policy; may make preliminary determination of compliance to Director.
8. May monitor activity of the department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
9. May perform various administrative tasks including maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing authorization for reimbursement, and arranging meetings for Director, Program Coordinator and/or faculty/staff.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment Knowledge of computer and office applications
* Writing and proofreading skills
* Ability to work with the public and individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact