Closes: Thursday, June 23, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires High School diploma or GED, moderate to advance level Microsoft Office skills which include general knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets and one year of responsible office experience in an education, financial, or business setting.
Knowledge and experience in Higher Education or a field of regulated pre-licensing to include Real Estate, Insurance, Appraisal, Mortgage Banking, etc.
Performs a variety of standard administrative and secretarial tasks which may include greeting and receiving visitors and calls, monitoring inventory, maintaining spreadsheets, typing, filing and purchasing in support of Department’s daily operations. Assists in the reporting of program offerings to various regulatory boards.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responds to inquiries and requests involving some use of independent judgment to fit situations and facts with established guidelines; serves as informational resource to staff.
2. Responsible for partial reporting via online platforms for 8 Regulatory Boards: NC Real Estate Commission – Prelicensing, Post Licensing & CE, Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System – Prelicensing & CE, NC Appraisal Board, NC Department of Insurance, CFP Board of Standards Inc. – Course offerings and enrollment.
3. May perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets and attendance reports, P-Cards and Invoicing.
4. Creates and updates unit's files; pulls and re-files records; purges inactive files.
5. May maintain unit's computerized databases, updating and purging records as needed.
6. May monitor inventory and supplies and fill out orders and purchase as needed.
7. Answers phone; provides information and explains procedures; refers call to appropriate person; takes messages; screens requests for supervisor.
8. May research inquiries by contacting appropriate person for further information; may contact questioner to provide answer.
9. Selects and mails form letters, brochures, and other prepared correspondence.
10. May draft a variety of correspondence and memos for supervisor’s approval; may type and proofread manuals, books, and other material; may create forms for Department use.
11. May gather and summarize information; may produce reports.
12. Assists with the training and orientation of instructors.
13. Orders and organizes class materials for Instructors and Program Coordinator; assists Program Coordinator and instructors with class activities.
14. Advises students and clients regarding class selection and prerequisites.
15. Consults with budget account manager to request and track refunds, reconcile instructor contracts and class rosters; may assist the appropriate administrator with monitoring budgets.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
* Knowledge of computer and office applications
* Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
* Ability to work well in an educational setting
How to Apply
Job Post Contact