Closes: Friday, August 17, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires High School diploma or GED and two years of office experience and business training beyond high school; intermediate Microsoft Office skill
Administrative Assistant II is a multi campus position.
This position will assist the allied health programs by providing information to potential applicants and processing health program applications.
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and secretarial tasks which may include greeting and receiving visitors and calls, monitoring inventory, maintaining spreadsheets, typing, filing and purchasing in support of Department’s daily operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicates effectively with prospective students and other departments college-wide via phone, email and appointments e.g. addresses complex requests regarding multiple health programs.
2. Creates, maintains, updates and purge admissions files.
3. Provides clerical support for committees, special projects and tasks forces.
4. Assists Program Chairs and Directors with data-based reports.
5. Processes detailed program applications and verifies information accuracy.
6. Assists in marketing the Health and Allied Health programs.
7. Answers phone and screens visitors; provides detailed information regarding services and explains procedures; may provide advice; refers call to appropriate person if more information is needed; takes messages; responds to the more difficult inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff
.8. May create and update unit’s files; may purge inactive files; may maintain unit’s computerized databases.
9. May assist in budget process by maintaining spreadsheets, monitoring budget, and compiling information for budget requests.
10. May monitor inventory and supplies; may prepare requisitions; may order supplies.
11. May draft a variety of correspondence and memos for supervisor’s approval; may type and proofread manuals, books, and other material; may create forms for Department use.
12. Responds to complex inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
13. May create contracts and rate schedules for instructors; may coordinate payments; may research and resolve discrepancies.
14. May receive data and check for accuracy; may enter into computer system; may create, update, and maintain files and databases.
15. May perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets and attendance reports.
16. May provide clerical support for committees, special projects, and task forces.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
Knowledge of computer and office applications
Writing and proofreading skills
Strong customer service/communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact