RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, May 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of an Associate degree in Office Systems Technology or a business-related program.
Same as minimum.
- Performing administrative tasks as required for the efficient operation of the Instructional Services’ area.
- Preparing memos, letters, and other forms of correspondence as directed using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Creating reports and business graphics from data using Microsoft Excel.
- Proofing outgoing correspondence for spelling and grammar.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Preparing and organizing handouts, directories, handbooks, etc.
- Preparing minutes of meetings, agendas, lists, etc. from rough copy or dictation.
- Sorting and routing incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Operating and overseeing maintenance of basic office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, shredder, etc. competently.
- Receiving, screening, and placing telephone calls using proper techniques.
- Arranging for meetings and conferences with staff and the general public.
- Assisting program directors with the planning of program advisory committee meetings.
- Utilizing Colleague functions to build sections, enter programs of study, maintain curriculum tracks, etc.., as needed.
- Making travel arrangements with hotels, airlines, and ground transportation entities.
- Processing time cards / leave slips as required.
- Placing supply and equipment orders through the e-procurement system for the Instructional Services area as appropriate.
- Greeting visitors, students, employees, and peers with a pleasant, professional disposition.
- Handling customer questions and problems in a timely and courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Relaying messages of visitors, employees, and peers in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/ personal development activities.
- Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, and workshops to enrich and/or enhance the quality of support provided to the Instructional Services area.
- Communicating deadlines for required College reports to appropriate College staff.
- Providing facilities scheduling and management support, if requested.
- Maintaining a neat, professional office environment/setting.
- Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment.
Human Resources, Sally Carr
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359