Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Rd
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associates degree;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent clerical work experience.
3. Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
1. Experience with accrediation.
2. Purchasing experience.
3. Experience with Colleague.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs clerical duties and provides administrative support for the School of Nursing
1. Performs clerical duties and provides administrative support for the School of Nursing and nursing programs.
2. Provides support to Nursing chair and faculty.
3. Provides classroom support, such as test proctoring, etc.
4. Assists with tracking nursing students from admission through graduation.
5. Utilizes Colleague to access necessary information, assist with advising, and building course schedules.
6. Prepares monthly time sheets and leave reports from faculty for signature and submission to Human Resources.
7. Creates and updates semester contracts for adjunct faculty and submits necessary information for payroll.
8. Creates and updates affiliation agreements in collaboration with the clinical coordinator.
9. Assists with monitoring and tracking immunizations and CPR for both nursing students and nursing faculty.
10. Assists with entering students into tutortrac during academic and lab tutoring sessions and open labs.
11. Assists with mainiting the security of student documents and exams.
12. Performs office tasks such as keyboarding, word and information processing, scheduling meetings, composing
correspondence, answering and routing telephone calls, greeting visitors, and maintaining files to support the nursing
13. Completes necessary travel forms and reimbursement forms for the Nursing Department Chair, Associate Chair and faculty.
14. Utilizes E-procurement to place purchase orders and track shipments for the nursing department
15. Assists the Chair with the hiring process of full-time and adjunct employees.
16. Assists the Chair with completing documents required by the NCBON and the yearly program review.
17. Assists with gathering data from multiple sources for yearly reports.
18. Ensures Nursing documents meet accessibility guidelines.
19. Maintains accurate information located on our webpage.
20. Assists Chair and Associate Chair’s with accreditation and yearly reporting
21. Records minutes for Nursing Faculty meetings and advisory committee meetings.
22. Assists in planning meetings and events hosted by the Nursing Department.
23. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
24. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.