Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business Administration,
Public Administration, Education or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience supporting a senior executive in an organization.
Administrative Assistant to the President will be located on the Central Campus.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received on or before May 13th.
Performs highly complex administrative duties in support of the President and Board of Trustees and assists in the coordination of general operations of the President’s office.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing
the calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing
correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed
travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for
2. Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected. Serves as a monitor creating a win-win situation for direct access to the President’s time and office.
3. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, and others, on administrative matters related to the President’s office. Assists board with
travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning as needed.
4. Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members. Complies with administrative rules set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters.
5. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. In tandem with the
President, determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
6. Provides supervision for office staff.
7. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal
Departments,demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior
8. Works closely and effectively to keep the President well informed of upcoming
commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Maintains sensitivity for
the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
9. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and
manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have
10. Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that
facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the college.
11. Prioritizes conflicting needs and handles matters expeditiously; follows through on projects and trainings to successful completion.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Political and social sensitivity
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Supervisory skills
- Event planning skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of office procedures
How to Apply
Job Post Contact