Closes: Thursday, July 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of an Associate Degree of Applied Science in Administrative Office Technology or related field.
Knowledge and Skills
Computer skills and excellent communication skills. Integrity and confidentiality are necessary. Excellent follow through and attention to detail. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
Experience in office support office management in the Public Safety Field preferred.
***OPEN UNTIL FILLED***
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Administrative Assistant (AA) for the Division of Public Safety Training serves as lead AA for operations in the front administrative offices. The AA will ensure the administrative offices maintain a friendly, helpful environment, while providing the highest quality of work. The lead AA will provide support to the Dean of Public Safety Training, as well as program directors.
Office Support, Full-time, non-exempt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
● Maintain an open, friendly, helpful office environment while performing high quality work
● Maintain all records processed at the Public Safety Training Center (PSTC).
● Open PSTC each morning at 7:00 AM and Close as required. Flexible schedule required.
● Serve as receptionist for PSTC by answering calls, directing calls to the proper department and assisting walk-in customers with information or directing them to the program director and/or coordinator.
● Provide support to the Dean Public Safety Training, who also serves at BLET/RADAR School Director as outlined in 12 NACA 09b .0201.
● Work with various computer programs and software.
● Maintain an open, friendly, helpful office environment while performing high quality work.
● Perform data entry within the College Database for classes and students.
● Scan classes into On-Base system
● Maintain spreadsheets for reporting purposes.
● Process forms (leave, travel, requisitions, fuel cards, I-9, etc.).
● Create contracts and submit to the business office for payroll. Provide monthly reports to payroll for contracts.
● Create memos, letters and documents.
● Maintain computer files and office files.
● Assist staff, instructors and students with records, paperwork, equipment and other projects as required.
● Maintain student certification records, contract books, pre-registration records, and all other office records.
● Create course packets, which include instructor contracts, registration forms, receipt forms, rosters, visit forms, evaluations and register classes at PSTC and off-site as needed.
● Make copies of tests and lab exercises for classes
● Make certificates for completed classes.
● Update room schedule for PSTC. (Google Docs)
● Oversee part-time administrative assistants.
● Maintain inventory of office supplies.
● Maintain petty cash records and security.
● Oversee the Motorcycle Safety Courses and process travel and end of course paperwork
● Perform limited remote HR functions for PSTC employees, including document verification for federal I-9/e-Verify requirements
● Input new instructor hires into E-verify
● Order office supplies/complete blanket purchase orders (PO) on E-Procurement
● Receive and send money to business services for classes and provide receipt to students
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with Special Events as needed
Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum of an Associate Degree of Applied Science in Administrative Office Technology or related field. Experience in office support office management in the Public Safety Field preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Computer skills and excellent communication skills. Integrity and confidentiality are necessary. Excellent follow through and attention to detail. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others. Specific software applications currently used include: Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Google Docs, and Datatel/Colleague.
Some lifting of equipment to assist instructors is required.
Notary preferred or ability to achieve Notary credentials
Working Conditions and Environment
Occasional evenings, weekends and special events while operating within an office environment, classrooms, and labs. Attend meetings and conferences as needed.
Computer systems, software, all office related equipment (copier, fax, telephone systems, calculator, etc.); and classroom audiovisual equipment.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact