Closes: Monday, October 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An AAS degree in Office Systems Technology or related field.
- Two years of experience in the secretarial field.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Good customer service skills are needed.
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Must be available for some nights and weekend
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties to support the Public Safety Training Program.
Instructional Clerical Support
- Serves as first point of contact for students, faculty, and staff requesting assistance. Filter requests to determine the best approach to provide assistance.
- Assists the Director with reviewing class schedules and student registrations for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards and procedures related to FTE reporting.
- Must enter and maintain course schedules and student records in the College’s computerized student information system (Colleague).
- Must keep confidentiality of student records and personal information in accordance with FERPA guidelines and general professional practices for handling confidential student data.
- Process transcript requests for current and former students on a daily basis. In addition, provide transcripts to third party agencies upon appropriate request and documentation.
- Generate and mail correspondences to current and prospective students. (Ex. Letters, transcripts, certificates, etc.)
- Provides assistance with the maintenance of course rosters and key in data to reflect entry information and grades reported by the instructors. Assist the registrar with generating and distributing roster printouts to adjunct instructors.
- Serves as primary contact for classroom reservations requested by faculty and staff.
- Assists with scheduling meetings by preparing agendas, composing and distributing minutes.
- Orders and stocks office supplies and department forms.
- Prepares travel authorization forms and travel reimbursement forms for personnel in the department.
- Serves as a back-up to the Continuing Education Registrar, when needed.
- Participates in professional development as needed to maintain working knowledge of Colleague and to stay abreast of Colleague processes/changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Safety Training and the Dean of Continuing Education.
- Participates in College recruitment activities as needed to represent the department and provide information on program course offerings.
- Interact with external clients and agencies to include local fire, EMS, and law enforcement officers to disseminate program information.
How to Apply
Please go to https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in admission to, or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.