Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s Degree, Office Administration, Office Systems Technology, or related program;
2. At least one year of experience working with multiple software tools including use of reporting tools;
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook;
4. At least one year working in a fast-paced office environment managing schedules, leave, and related functions.
1. Experience working with students in a community college setting;
2. Proficiency in a second language, preferably Spanish or Russian;
3. Experience with Colleague or other college information system.
Job Description Summary
Provide comprehensive administrative assistance to all of Student Advising and Testing Services while serving as point of contact for all students and other stakeholders interacting with the department, assisting them with appointment scheduling, enrollment processes, and providing basic assistance. Maintains departmental web pages, scheduling software, advising schedules, and other processes and forms.
1. Maintain early alert/case management response system and serve as liaison for Instructional Services;
2. Produce reports and create/manage user accounts in student traffic management system (Q-Flow);
3. Manage overall advising scheduling and appointment coverage for College Entry and Pre-Allied Health Advisors;
4. Oversee and regularly update appointment scheduling software to reflect availability of appointments for advisors and other sessions/seminars offered by Student Advising and Testing Services. Create reports of appointment utilization, session attendance, cancellation/attendance rates, and more;
5. Provide initial response and support to general mailboxes for General Advising, GOT Advising, Distance Advising, and International Advising;
6. Assist with placement test score entry and submitting backfill requests for placement/non-course credit/supplemental labs;
7. Assist with creation and maintenance of training manuals and materials for advising processes, software, and tools;
8. Serve as primary telephone contact for all of Student Advising and Testing Services for general questions;
9. Maintain leave calendar, leave requests, and time sheets for Student Advising and Testing Services;
10. Ensure availability of office supplies, prepare purchase orders, and maintain budget documentation for multiple budget codes;
11. Maintain relevant Portal pages, web pages, and SATS forms and resources;
12. Send email blasts to students for all of SATS related issues/updates in need of broad communication;
13. Assist with scheduling both routine and periodic training with SATS team, new hires, Instructional Services, A.A.S. faculty advisors, Transfer Advising Center, and A-B Tech’s off-site locations;
14. Receive and process F-1 international inquiries and applications. Prepare files for admission decision review and sends appropriate communications based on application decisions;
15. Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Advising and Testing Services and Vice President of Student Services.