Closes: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree or higher
- Two years working experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years secretarial or clerical work experience
The Administrative Assistant will provide support for the Student Success office. The individual is responsible for providing daily office support which includes, computer work, report writing, and good customer service skills. The individual will also support the team with technology and communication efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide administrative support for the Student Success Leadership Team.
- Prepare reports, mail, data and other documents as necessary.
- Ensure confidentiality in all matters.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in the planning of college wide events and travel.
- Utilize written and oral communications skills when completing job functions.
- Maintain strong organizational skills and be timely.
- Effectively communicate with the faculty, staff, and students.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for Student Success.
- Coordinate graduation ceremony and Student Honors Ceremony by handling all logistics and being the primary point of conduct.
- Create all part-time, Tudor and SGA contracts for Student Success. Making sure all forms are properly signed and a copy given to employee/student.
- Complete all purchasing for the Student Success Leadership Team and various departments through E-Procurement.
- Provide Colleague and Informer support to the Student Success Division.
- This individual will assist with the confidential paperwork associated with student grievances and code of conduct issues.
- Assist with any events that fall under Student Success.
- Collect timesheets, making sure they are filled out accurately.
- Assist with any Pay Requests, Work Orders and Travel Forms in the Student Success department.
- Organize meetings for Student Success by sending out meeting requests and reserving a room.
- Act as Liaison between Student Success Department and VP of Student Success, Dean of Students.
- Participate in campus professional development on a yearly basis.
- Serve on campus committees as needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing inquiries with the college; strong customer service skills.
- Direct Student Success work-study.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Communication’s Management
- Purple Briefcase
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- School Dude
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001