Closes: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business or related field, or two years of college, AND
- One year of work experience in an administrative position, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advance Computer skills including database experience, budget documentation and experience with office management software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Work experience in an educational setting;
- Experience with federally funded programs, including knowledge of regulations and reporting procedures;
- Knowledge of and experience specifically with TRiO or SSS services, objectives, and regulations;
- Experience with Blumen or Datatel databases, and/or Aviso Coaching software;
- Preference given to individuals who have succeeded in overcoming economic, social and academic barriers similar to SSS program participants.
"Learning First" is the primary institutional goal for Central Carolina Community College where all faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process. The Administrative Assistant - TRiO will provide clerical and administrative support to the Director of Student Support Services. Duties will include: general office management, answering office telephone, greeting public, mail distribution, maintaining inventory, ordering office supplies, maintaining office calendar of events, scheduling meetings, and travel arrangements.
Please attach a cover letter and resume with application.
- Assist staff with communication to participants;
- Assist Director in administering the budget (maintain documentation of expenditures, create requisitions, process check requests, reconcile travel expenses, etc.);
- Oversee the maintenance of program participant files (active participants and alumni), both on paper and in an electronic database, ensuring that each file is complete with application, verification of eligibility, academic records, documentation of participation and academic progress, and documentation of postsecondary enrollment and transfer;
- Assist Director with preparation and submission of evaluations and reports, including annual satisfaction surveys, exit surveys, and Annual Performance Report;
- Assist Director with the hiring process for full- or part-time staff, documentation of time and effort certifications, and submission of time sheets;
- Assist staff in planning large-scale events and programs, including new student orientations, supplemental instruction and tutoring, workshops, and annual banquets;
- Assist Director with administration of grant aid program;
- Collaborate with staff and Marketing department to create a newsletter and update program websites each semester;
- Establish relationships and open lines of communication with other CCCC departments to ensure efficient and effective functioning of TRiO programs;
- Assist Director in securing additional funds to support Program initiatives;
- Engage with SSS staff members to provide formative assessment and continuous improvement of program delivery;
- Meet monthly with the Director to discuss administrative reports and budget updates;
- Provide direct supervision of all work study students;
- Reserve on campus facilities for office events and programs;
- Reserve college car usage for TRIO off-campus events;
- Provide individualized academic preparation materials for participants,
- Conduct IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) with program participants (in conjunction with staff);
- Conduct Exit Surveys with program participants leaving the program (in conjunction with staff;
- Engage with TRIO staff members to provide formative assessment and continuous improvement of program delivery;
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.