201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree in Office System’s Technology or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of administrative support experience.
- Experience with database management, word processing, spreadsheet applications, and budgets.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records.
- Demonstrated administrative competencies through internal testing required.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position may sometimes require overtime and/or evening hours.
- Experience working with diverse populations, experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Self-starter, organized, detail-oriented, ability to work independently, excellent customer service skills, ability to interact positively with faculty and students preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of application will begin 3/24/22
Perform administrative and secretarial duties to support the Director of Student Success and Retention, TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) staff, and ensure efficient operation of the department. Position includes a wide variety of assignments, use of considerable judgment, and independent action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine clerical and receptionist duties.
- Maintain student database records.
- Assist in completing the Annual Performance Report (APR) submitted to the Department of Education on student success, retention, and graduation goals.
- Collect data and maintain records of project activities including the coordination of fiscal, personnel, purchasing, payroll, and monthly expenditure records.
- Gather data from the Institutional Effectiveness Office and Datatel system for the SSS Director.
- Coach participants in using computers and online College resources.
- Provide word processing and other office support to staff and students.
- Supervise work-study students assigned to project.
- Help organize Lunch and Learn workshops and other activities.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of budget.
- Prepare travel, leave, reimbursement requests, and supply and equipment requisitions for the division.
- Collect and distribute divisional communications.
- Assist and/or participate in college-related activities.
- Maintain office in absence of supervisor.
- Enter requisitions into E-Procurement system.
- Periodically attend professional TRIO conferences and technology conferences to stay abreast of ever-changing practices.
- Participate in professional development and college activities such as Late Registration, Graduation, and Open House as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, the Director of Student Success and Retention, or Vice President for Student Affairs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact