Closes: Friday, April 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field, AND
- One year of work experience in an administrative position, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advance Computer skills including database experience, budget documentation and experience with office management software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Work experience in an educational setting;
- Experience with federally funded programs, including knowledge of regulations and reporting procedures;
- Knowledge of and experience specifically with TRiO services, objectives, and regulations;
- Experience with Blumen or Datatel databases;
- Preference given to individuals who have work experience with veterans' programs.
- Military affiliated (veteran or spouse).
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Administrative Assistant - TRiO Upward Bound will provide clerical and administrative support to the Director of TRiO Upward Bound. The Administrative Assistant oversees office management (answer office telephone, greet public, check and distribute mail, maintain inventory and order office supplies, maintain office calendar of events, schedule meetings, reserve facilities, arrange travel, etc.)
Travel to the Lillington and Pittsboro Campuses expected to happen weekly
Occasional travel for professional development.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Director of TRiO Upward Bound;
- Oversee office management (answer office telephone, greet public, check and distribute mail, maintain inventory and order office supplies, maintain office calendar of events, schedule meetings, reserve facilities, arrange travel, etc.);
- Assist staff with communication to participants;
- Assist Director in administering budgets (maintain documentation of expenditures, create requisitions, process check requests, reconcile travel expenses, etc.);
- Oversee the maintenance of program participant files (active participants and alumni), both on paper and in an electronic database, ensuring that each file is complete with application, verification of eligibility, documentation of participation and academic progress, and documentation of postsecondary enrollment;
- Assist Director with preparation and submission of evaluations and reports, including annual satisfaction surveys, exit surveys, and Annual Performance Report;
- Assist Director with the hiring process for full- or part-time staff, documentation of time and effort certifications, and submission of time sheets;
- Assist staff in planning large-scale events and programs, including new student orientations, workshops, instruction and tutoring, and annual banquets;
- Assist Director with distribution of stipends to participants;
- Collaborate with program staff and Marketing department to create newsletters and update the program website each semester;
- Establish relationships and open lines of communication with other CCCC departments to ensure efficient and effective functioning of TRiO programs;
- Assist Director in securing additional funds to support program initiatives;
- Engage with other staff members to provide formative assessment and continuous improvement of program delivery;
- Meet monthly with Director to discuss administrative reports and budget updates;
- Provide direct supervision of all work study students;
- Develop and manage organization's social media accounts;
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.