Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Instruction. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President for Instruction, Deans, Chairs, Coordinators and Directors as their duties relate to the function and mission of the Division for Instruction. All reporting required by Division of Instruction.
Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Systems Technology or related field;
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in a higher education setting with preference given to experience in the NC Community College System.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Computer knowledge skills including Microsoft Office Package, scheduling software, Colleague/Datatel experience
• Google Mail, Docs and full suite of applications
• Scheduling software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Quick learner, ability to adapt and embrace change
• Ability to work independently and be flexible
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Creativity and resourcefulness in accomplishing new tasks
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact