100 College Drive
Weldon, NC 27890
Closes: Friday, February 28, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or related field. Four years of progressively responsible secretarial or clerical/administrative experience including one year of administrative or office management.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or related field. Demonstrated high-level administrative experiences supporting executive level individuals. Excellent communication skills.
Ability to maintain strict accuracy and be detail oriented Exceptional planning and organized skills.
Proven ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
Demonstrate ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgement, diplomacy, and tact.
Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Advanced computer skills and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and G-mail.
Experience coordinating domestic travel arrangements. Demonstrate knowledge in Accounting/budget procedures
Requires significant knowledge of office procedures and practices, as well as office programs, organizational structure and services to initiate, monitor, review and maintain a variety of documents to determine or obtain compliance and acceptability of actions.
Preferred: etapestry, Abile software, and QuickBooks experience.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the HCC office of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement and HCC Foundation Inc. The Administrative Assistant will need good familiarity with phases of Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment, SACSCOC, HCC Foundation management, including College events and functions.
- Provide support to the Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement Department using the existing prospect management system, documentation, and adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Maintain the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement calendar of meetings, appointments, handle incoming phone calls/messages and other daily events.
- Process leave requests and check monthly leave reports for those employees that report directly to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Perform clerical duties for the department as necessary as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Assist with requesting and processing applicant transcripts; preparing and distributing scholarship applications for committee review; reviewing applications from the committee; tallying scores; and preparing award notifications.
- Assist with maintaining Foundation contributions and receipts, and preparing donor acknowledgements.
- Create, maintain, and search databases and manipulate data to produce lists, mailing labels, and merged letters.
- Assist in creating and implementing need strategies and services/functions for Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement Department as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Assist with preparing items for Foundation Board meetings by preparing notebooks and mailings; attend meetings for purpose of taking and transcribing minutes for the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Attend meetings for purposes of taking and transcribing minutes for the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Prepare a variety of documents and reports on Institutional Effectiveness Assessment and SACSCOC.
- Prepare, type, and edit correspondence, presentation materials, announcements and bulk mailings.
- Oversee the ordering of office supplies and purchase requisitions through NC E-Procurement; creating work order ticket request for the department as needed.
- Assist with reconciling all pending accounts on a monthly basis.
- Initiate and participate in data cleanup projects.
- Provide back up support to the ticket office in the Centre, as needed
- Submit travel requests and reimbursements on behalf of the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement and the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Assists with special projects and performs associated administrative duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.