133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Sunday, January 7, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Use active listening skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Associate Degree in Office Administration or closely related field. Excellent communications and human relations skills. Some computer and Microsoft Office skills.
Preferred: Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Preferred: Some computer application and Microsoft Office skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need assistance or accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Provide a variety of support functions for the Programs/Coordinators/Instructors for Workforce Development & Continuing Education at WestPark, such as but not limited to, computer entry, clerical, program materials design, and database maintenance; provide support to other college organizations in the form of committee involvement, classroom reservations and general informational requests. From time to time, there may be a need to represent the WestPark programs at various county functions, travel to off-site workshops and/or seminars, work in the evenings to collect seminar registration sheets and fees, and attend other off-site meetings as required. Assist in supporting all JSCC Shared-use Kitchen programs in planning, programming, tracking and reporting, client kitchen access, and kitchen equipment orientation training. The technician also provides a variety of clerical, computer entry, database maintenance, program design materials, and other office support functions for the JSCC Shared-use Kitchen programs; adheres to prescribed rules and regulations governed by the Duplin County Environmental Health Services, and USDA Inspections office. From time to time, there may be a need to represent the commercial kitchen at various regional functions, travel to off-site workshops, and/or seminars, or work in the evenings to help kitchen clients. This position reports to the Director of Small Business Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Data entry and maintenance of computerized information for all WestPark programs.
- Ensures compliance standards and current course syllabi are maintained for all courses at Workforce Development & Continuing Education at WestPark.
- Input and maintenance of all computerized files pertaining to evaluations, etc.
- Create sections in colleague and register students.
- Prepare receipt rosters.
- Operate a variety of office machines (i.e. copier, fax, scanner, pc, etc.)
- Provide clerical support to WestPark personnel.
- Answer telephone calls and provide answers to questions or address any concerns at that time. If an answer or rectification is not possible, transfer the call to the appropriate party for assistance.
- Distribute mail to WestPark personnel (incoming and outgoing).
- Research information requests as required.
- Assist instructors, and the public, as required.
- Develop and maintain mailing lists.
- Collect completed attendee registration forms and applicable session fees prior to the sessions. Let the facilitator know where to leave evaluation sheets.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Prepare memorandums, letters, reports, grant information, and correspondence.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and vouchers.
- Input and maintenance of all computerized files pertaining to contracts, client memos, evaluations, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing the kitchen policies, procedures, and programs.
- Keep all aspects of the kitchen administrative office organized and audit ready.
- Maintain client database and potential client database for mailings and emails.
- Bill clients and collect rent for kitchen use. Prepares electronic report of all funds received and ensures all monies are submitted timely to the business office.
- Ability or learn how to operate kitchen equipment, and be able to provide training and orientation sessions to new clients.
- Assist and perform preventive maintenance on kitchen equipment as required.
- Maintain a database of all service contacts, service contracts, and warranty information for each piece of kitchen equipment, and contact service personnel as necessary for equipment repairs.
- Coordinate and make routine inspections of facilities between clients to ensure that the facility is clean and all equipment has been properly shut down.
- Coordinate and make routine inspections of storage facilities to include dry storage, freezer, and refrigeration storage to ensure space is properly used.
- Coordinate and make routine inspections of the facility, particularly dry storage to ensure the space is rodent free.
- Adhere to all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Schedule classrooms/meeting rooms as required.
- Perform other special duties and participate on other special projects as assigned.
- Attend off-site seminars, meetings, and workshops as required.
- Assist in developing and distributing advertising and promotional materials.
- Maintain a kitchen library for clients.
- Assist in the overall operation of the West Park facility by being familiar with the facility and be a resource for clients who may be using the West Park facility, not just the kitchen.
- Maintain security of personal computer access
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned
- Serve on college committees as directed by supervisor