Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Associate Degree in Business, Office Administration , or related field.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Two-year’s experience in an office setting regularly engaging with the general public, OR Combination of education, experience, and background equivalent to above.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and office applications.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to students, parents, colleagues, and the community.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to accurately maintain required documentation and prepare reports.
- Ability to seek and identify methods for continuous improvement of the program.
- Understanding and respect for the diverse backgrounds of students, staff, and college community.
- Experience working at a Community College.
- Experience working in student data management systems like Colleague or Destiny One.
- Preferred experience in a busy office environment managing multiple tasks at one time.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Provides general clerical and administrative support to the Director, Apprenticeship and Applied Technologies and professional/instructional staff in associated programs. In addition, provide front-line support to students seeking to register for a variety of short-term training classes.
This position is open until filled.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Director, Apprenticeship and Applied Technologies staff, and faculty across pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and continuing education applied technologies programs.
- Oversee multi-campus operational, technical, and administrative support for pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeships, assessing processes to provide guidance in promoting workflow efficiencies and enforcing compliance with College policies and procedures and Apprenticeship NC regulation.
- Report participant agreements, changes, and completions to ApprenticeshipNC, corresponding with employers, career coaches and faculty as needed to evaluate performance and coordinate documentation for state audit and submission via NCCCS verification platforms.
- Maintains filing system to support pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, and continuing education applied technologies programs.
- Coordinates front office activities and provides superior customer service to the public, students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Continuing Education Operations team to ensure documentation and accountability processes are effectively managed.
- Assists accounts payable as needed with bill processing questions.
- Communicates with IT to resolve computer and printer malfunctions for staff and faculty through help desk requests.
- Provide administrative support for continuing education programs focused on applied technologies including manufacturing and industrial training. Communicates with staff and instructor on problem resolution.
- Orders all needed office supplies, door tags, name tags for new and established instructors.
- Schedule equipment maintenance as requested.
- Generate correspondences, memos, presentations, and meeting materials; copy, collate, and bind when necessary.
- Participate in departmental planning, evaluation, and implementation of improvements.
- Arrange meetings as requested.
- Implement delegated tasks after meetings as appropriate.
- Assists faculty with inputting of evaluation data as requested.
- Prepare office related forms, make copies, and send copy requests to the copy center as requested.
- Follow and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies. Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Maintain a calendar and schedule appointments for the Director as requested.
- Communicate and correspond with businesses to confirm or request information on behalf of the Director regarding pre-apprenticeship and related program requirements.
- Perform monthly audits of classes, sign in sheets, and instructor contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of course packets for instructors and the collection of closeout documentation for Continuing Education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Administrative Operations Assistant will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.