200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Friday, September 25, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years of related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in a community college or community-based organization Adult Education Program. Two years’ experience with data collection and research and expertise with web-based communication platforms and storing and retrieving data and files in Microsoft Office.
The position communicates with internal and external agencies and with the public to provide information on College and Career Readiness (CCR) programs’ and services. This position researches to resolve problems or to support special projects, monitors budgets, maintains and manages communication with CCR stakeholders and partners, CCR work groups and WIOA core partners. This position serves as subject matter expert in technology-based communication and provides technical and administrative support to College and Career Readiness Directors. This position assists in researching collecting data for projects, preparing reports, manuals, and FAQ to ensure work flows smoothly and accurately.
- Knowledge of PC software including current version of Windows, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint; Business Objects.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management and office organization and system office procedures and ability to use applications to store, track and share data.
- Knowledge and ability to use web-based communication tools and web-based platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, Go to Meeting.
- Web site knowledge of and experience with Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Ability to understand and track budgets.
- Knowledge and ability to conduct research to include write reports, collect, and analyze data and information from multiple sources, organizing and formatting for presentation.
- Ability to work independently and carry out a variety of critical and time sensitive assignments with minimal supervision.
PREFERENCES: Knowledge of Title II programs and community college educational policy issues. Ability to interpret and apply departmental rules, regulations, and policies; knowledge of basic organization of federal policy for Title II.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, HR TECHNICIAN III
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222