Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Sunday, September 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The Administrative Support Specialist is to perform a variety of administrative and technical duties for the Small Business Center (SBC) to facilitate SBC training events and program activities.
Must have associates degree in office systems technology, business administration, or related field.
Experience: All applicants must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional / teaching environment.
Knowledge and Skills: The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
• Detailed oriented with all tasks, specifically record keeping and paperwork requirements.
• Ability to work under deadlines; manage multi-projects simultaneously and to do so in a very open environment.
• Comfort level with troubleshooting minimum technical issues with classroom technology; social media experience for business (Facebook, electronic newsletters, etc.).
• Proven ability to work in an environment in which change is a highly valued cultural characteristic.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work with a diverse population of current/prospective SBC clients, students, co-workers, or outside agencies.
• Ability and commitment to maintain complete confidentiality regarding all SBC Clients and BSI Program Participants.
• Understanding of the BRCC and the Small Business Center Network’s (SBCN) mission and its practices essential to a successful delivery of education and counseling.
• Unconditional positive regard for customers.
Preferred Experience, Skills, & Qualifications:
• Two or more years’ experience working in a professional office environment and a working knowledge of standard practices and procedures applicable to the position. Current knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills in respect to thinking outside the box, being proactive about seeking more efficient and effective ways to operate.
• One year of small business work, ownership or related experience.
• Experience working within higher education & continuing education department.
• Notary Public – to oversee lease agreements for incubation program participants and partners.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact