Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A minimum of a 2 year Associate Degree from a federally accredited Institution
- A minimum of one-year customer service experience
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with diverse populations
- Strong computer skills (MS Office 2010 and Excel)
- Experience with clerical duties
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution that is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion to ensure student learning and success. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. Our goal is to identify individuals who will assist in our mission, so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at Davidson-Davie Community College.
Our benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of our students, faculty and staff. The future is here!
The position of Administrative Support Staff is a part time position with 24-hours per week that reports to the Program Director, College and Career Readiness/Get REAL program. Get Real is a program for youth ages 16-24 that builds leadership and workforce skills while students work toward an adult high school diploma. This position operates Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 3:30pm with a 30-minute lunch break.
What you will do on a typical day:
- Greet students and visitors
- Organize office and assist staff in ways that optimize procedures
- Answer all incoming calls and provide timely customer service
- Collaborate with staff to manage communication
- Create and manage records and files ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Assist staff to schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Maintain office and instructional supplies
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to respond to challenges and requests
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Assist with planning meetings and take detailed minutes
- Assist with coordinating monthly celebration and other events as necessary
- Other duties as assigned