Closes: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associates degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Three years of experience in a technical support related field.
• Adaptive troubleshooting and technical support abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge in supporting a virtual environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of server configuration and repair
• Proven organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited college or university is strongly preferred.
• Experience in an higher educational environment is preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge managing server security
• Ability to author and coordinate standard operating documents
• Experience with VM Ware, PowerShell, Active Directory
• Experience with (AWS) Amazon Web Services Administration
The System Administrator I (SA-I) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the GTCC systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The SA-I will assist in day-to-day activities of the department including maintaining servers and other GTCC systems to ensure proper security, operation, and availability. The SA-I will assist project teams, address technical issues, and offer solutions supporting the college. These activities include technical strategy, research & development, and maintenance within the documented project life cycle. S/He will monitor systems for proper operation, system maintenance, security-breaches and will follow established process to standardize overall change management of the production environment, and server management; ensuring equipment is properly patched and maintained with software / firmware updates. The SA-I will ensure successful backups of both files and ERP data and capable of restoring data as necessary. This position works closely with the Director of Infrastructure and Operations, Security Manager, Network Team, Service Delivery Team, and other System Administrators to resolve incidents, problems, tickets, and change requests. Candidate will be required to achieve an appropriate, role-based certification within one year of hire date.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact