Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Five years of experience as a Systems Administrator Level I or II position.
• At least three years of experience administering a virtual environment.
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague administration is required.
• Ten years of work experience in IT field.
• Experience working in a team environment with the ability to multitask.
• Experience administrating multiple platforms and complicated solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field. (In-depth experience and AS degree may substitute)
• Current industry certifications.
• Experience in an educational environment is preferred.
• Three years of experience in administering a virtual environment.
• Experience with higher education ERP system such as Colleague preferred.
The System Administrator II (SA-II) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the GTCC systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The SA-II will evaluate and maintain servers and systems to ensure their proper security, operation and availability. The SA-II will assist and lead project teams, address technical issues and offer engineered solutions supporting the college. These activities include technical strategy, research & development and maintenance within the documented project life-cycle. Systems Administrators will monitor systems for proper operation, system maintenance, security-breaches and will follow established processes to standardize overall server management; ensuring equipment is properly patched and maintained with software / firmware updates. The SA-II will ensure successful backups of both files and ERP data and is capable of restoring data as necessary. This position works closely with department managers throughout the college to analyze technology requirements, document specifications, and provide technical solutions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact