Closes: Friday, November 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in information technology or related field
- One year of information technology work experience
- One year of experience managing enterprise anti-virus software; threat detection and remediation.
- One year of experience managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- One year of experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- One year of experience supporting a virtualized server environment.
- One year of experience supporting an enterprise network.
- One year of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory.
This position will perform duties associated with supporting a variety of on-premises and cloud-based services, user setup and file security, and patch management. Other areas of responsibility are providing advanced troubleshooting and support assistance to frontline helpdesk technicians as conditions necessitate. Within the context of the major and minor responsibilities this position will maintain systems by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; threat detection and remediation; troubleshooting hardware, software; administering related network devices and operating systems; escalating application problems to vendors. The Network Systems Administrator reports directly to the Director of Network Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull up to 200 pounds on carts or other assistive devices
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 12 feet
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be able to drive college vehicles
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must have the resources necessary to work remotely from home and complete job duties with work assigned laptop
- Manage and maintain cloud-based services including but not limited to Office 365, Azure, and GSuite.
- Setup, configure, manage relevant, and associated virtual and physical network systems and processes that correspond to major administrative duties.
- Setup, configure, manage enterprise anti-virus environment.
- Research & remediate security threats.
- Upgrade systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Negotiate and manage related support contracts and vendor relationships
- Manage and configure DNS filtering technologies.
- Research and install application, security, and operating system patches for Windows, Linux, and other network systems.
- Manage user accounts, implement user access controls, and file access.
- Research, oversee, and plan technology projects.
- Manage active directory and network directory structures reflecting organizational needs.
- Help create and maintain disaster recovery plans congruent with the college’s information systems disaster recovery plan.
- Assist in maintaining, managing, and refreshing IT UPS infrastructure.
- Provide advanced support and troubleshooting services to helpdesk personnel as issues outside of their expected scope or available resources necessitates.
- Must be able to work effectively, respectively, proactively, and independently as a member of a team.
- Ability to self-motivate, take personal initiative, and act proactively.
- Serve on college committees, as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Office 365/Azure training
- Enterprise anti-virus vendor-specific training
- DNS filtering training
- PCI Compliance
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001