Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum Associate Degree in an IT-related field or an Associate degree with 2 years related IT work experience.
- One year of experience managing enterprise anti-virus software.
- One year of experience with threat detection and remediation.
- One year of experience managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- One year of experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- One year of experience supporting a virtualized server environment.
- One year of experience supporting an enterprise network.
- One year of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory.
This position will perform duties associated with supporting a variety of on-premises and cloud-based services, patch management, antivirus, and UPS. Other areas include providing advanced troubleshooting and support assistance to frontline helpdesk technicians as conditions necessitate. Within the context of the major and minor responsibilities this position will assist to maintain systems by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; threat detection and remediation; troubleshooting hardware, and software; administering related network devices and operating systems; escalating application problems to vendors. The Part-time Systems Administrator reports directly to the Director of Network Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull up to 200 pounds on carts or other assistive devices
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 12 feet.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be able to drive college vehicles.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Must have the resources necessary to work remotely from home and complete job duties with work assigned laptop.
- Assist with cloud-based services including but not limited to Office 365, Azure, and Google Admin Console.
- Assist with antivirus management and remediation.
- Assist with management and maintenance of the IT power distribution infrastructure.
- Research and install application, security, and operating system patches for Windows, Linux, and other network systems.
- Assist with monitoring and remediating Cloud App security alerts.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of hardware and software assets.
- Assist with management and maintenance of Active Directory.
- Assist with implementing CIS Benchmark requirements and standards.
- Research and remediate security threats.
- Ability to self-motivate, take personal initiative and act proactively.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Physical access control procedures
- Ticket system operations
- SCC required training modules for Network Security, Campus Safety, and Title IX
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001