Closes: Monday, January 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferably in counseling or a closely related field.
- Two years in student services and academic counseling in a higher education setting.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Multitasking, organization, prioritizing, Datatel and Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to follow-up in a timely manner
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak periods
- Effective collaboration/critical thinking/team building/problem solving skills
- An understanding of and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community college.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution preferably in counseling or closely related field
- Two years of college or university student leadership or activities experience.
- Two years in student services and academic counseling in a higher education setting
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of an Admissions Advisor is to support students through a wide range of duties and responsibilities in admissions, academic advising and determining selection for admission into competitive-entry programs. Occasional evening hours required.
- Serves as the initial contact for prospective students by discussing various course offerings, admissions policies and procedures; answers specific inquiries, maintains contact with prospective students, and ensures completion of application materials of students in admissions process
- Assesses prospective student admission data such as SAT, ACT, Accuplacer scores, and RISE GPA and reviews transcripts from high school, postsecondary institutions and other relative documentation.
- Provides students with academic advising by assisting with course planning, facilitating student admissions and registration, advising students of available support programs and services, and maintaining records of advising contacts.
- Serves as Advisor and Lead Admissions Specialist for competitive admissions program.
- Schedule and setup for consideration periods, consideration committee meetings, orientation dates and information sessions.
- Advises students pursuing the Career and College Promise program and the Central Carolina Promise program.
- Determines acceptance of applicants according to established guidelines and approves qualified applicants using standard admissions procedures.
- Conducts group admissions sessions for prospective students.
- Provides information regarding offerings to applicants which requires familiarity with all curriculum and continuing education programs offered by the college.
- Provides input and makes recommendations concerning admissions criteria, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain the health science online information sessions for new students to disseminate information and inform students of educational options.
- Serves on college-wide committees as requested.
- Maintains adequate records and assures correct applicant status and starting semester.
- Work one evening per week in order to provide services to evening students.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to admissions inquiries- phone, written, and personal conference.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions or Designee