Williamston, NC - frequent travel within service area for events and functions; some in-state/out-state travel could be needed at times
Closes: Friday, April 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, counseling, education, or a related field.
- Two years of responsible experience in a customer service setting.
See Minimum Qualifications
The Admissions Counselor/Recruiter provides information and assistance to potential students regarding the admissions and enrollment process. The Counselor/Recruiter will also provide assistance with access to other available resources designed to aid in student success. Recruitment activities include organizing and participating in activities as well as developing resources that are targeted at informing and assisting students regarding enrollment in the programs and services available at Martin Community College (MCC).
- Provide information and assistance pertaining to admissions and academics; assist students in interpreting the college catalog and college policies and procedures
- Organize and participate in activities on and off campus targeted at informing and assisting prospective students regarding the programs and services available at MCC; activities must be approved by the supervisor and sanctioned by College
- Counsel and advise students; assist with the development of realistic goals and objectives based on their interests; utilize tests and inventories to support the advisement process, support students in registration for classes that supports their program goals and fits their personal needs; refer students to various resources and support agencies as necessary; follow up on student referrals
- Develop and maintain resources that will support faculty and staff in their recruitment efforts; engage in collaboration with faculty and staff to enhance campus-wide recruitment activities
- Collect and maintain data regarding supports provided to students and recruitment activities
- Work flexible hours as directed by supervisor to participate in recruitment activities that occur outside of typical working hours
- Other general duties as assigned
How to Apply
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applicants interested in applying for the above position should submit:
- Completed and signed Martin Community College application (http://www.martincc.edu/jobs)
- Copy of college transcripts (originals will be required if offer of employment is extended)
- Resume and cover letter (not accepted in lieu of application)
Application materials may be submitted via email to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line OR mailed to: Martin Community College, Attn: Office of Human Resources 1161 Kehukee Park Road Williamston, NC 27892