Closes: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution preferably in Office Administration or closely related field
- Two years of office administration in a higher education or related setting
- Excellent customer service, multitasking, clerical skills, organization, prioritizing, Datatel and Microsoft Office Suite experience, ability to follow-up in a timely manner, excellent written and oral communication, ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak periods, and an understanding of and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community college.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Perform general receptionist, administrative duties, and assist Admissions staff.
- Schedule placement test appointments and test check in for placement tests and TEAS.
- Schedule TEAS test and ensure scheduling policies are followed.
- Receive incoming admission phone calls and walk-ins and direct to appropriate person/department.
- Maintain appropriate supplies of materials, applications, various forms, brochures and calendars for the Student Services Suite and Admission Staff.
- Inform students on the Admissions and Enrollment checklist and items to be completed.
- Assist students in completing Admissions Application, NC Residency Determination, and submitting transcripts.
- Assist students with registering for continuing education courses.
- Proctor placement tests, Test of Essential Academic Skills exams, and Nursing Bridge Exams.
- Record Assessment scores from RISE, TEAS, Nursing Bridge administered at Harnett Campus. Record SAT, ACT, TOEFL, and other placement test scores received from outside testing centers. Fulfill requests for testing scores to be sent to other colleges.
- Schedule, proctor, and record placement tests for students requiring assessment accommodations for RISE, TEAS, and Nursing Bridge.
- Assist new students accessing their accounts on the CCCC portal
- Answer questions about CCCC assessment procedures, Admissions Process, and Academic Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.