Admissions & Enrollment Specialist
Closes: Monday, April 3, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college in business, education, or other related field.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with college employees, high school personnel, and community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, counseling, education, or related field
- Experience working in higher education in admissions, student services, and/or recruitment.
- Experience working in a North Carolina Community College.
- Experience working with Colleague, student information systems software, by Ellucian.
In accordance with the organizational chart and overall plan of Vance-Granville Community College, the Admissions and Enrollment Specialist reports to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services and is responsible for providing student-centered enrollment services to students. The Admissions and Enrollment Specialist will assist students as they navigate the application and enrollment process. This includes communicating with students, processing applications, and helping new and prospective students. This position is assigned to the VGCC Main Campus in Henderson, NC; although, there could be some travel to other counties in the college’s service area. Due to the nature of this position teleworking is incapable.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Provide a supportive enrollment experience for new and prospective students based on a student-centered approach and serve as the main point of contact for those inquiring about the college admissions process.
- Provide high-level customer service to students, campus community, and guests in-person, by telephone, email, text messaging and other media formats.
- Process and receipt incoming admission applications and enrollment documents (ex: transcripts, test scores, supporting documents, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable of all services integrated through the VGCC admission process including College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC), Residency Determination Service (RDS), Career & College Promise (CCP) program, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), MyVGCC, Student Success & Engagement (formerly Aviso Retention), and the North Carolina Community College placement requirements.
- Assist students in using the College website to answer general questions related to the admission application, orientation, career assessment, financial aid and scholarships, and access VGCC related sites such as MyVGCC, Moodle, VGCC student e-mail account, etc.
- Lead group information sessions and participate in on-campus college events such as Open House, Enrollment Saturday, etc.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student enrollment experience. Employ available technology, i.e., Watermark Student Engagement & Success, ConexED, Microsoft Office, etc. when appropriate.
- In working with prospective students, be fully educated on all VGCC program offerings to assist with program selection and career assessment.
- Visit local schools and attend community events in the service area to present information concerning enrollment procedures for VGCC.
- Establish and maintain accurate student records while preserving the confidentiality of student information unless sharing information is due to a legitimate educational interest pursuant to FERPA and other VGCC policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services and/or Dean of Student Access and Support.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact