Morehead City, NC (Eastern NC on the Crystal Coast)
Closes: Sunday, May 26, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelor’s degree with three years full-time experience in Admissions or Student Services related field.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to effectively communicate, interpret regulations, and College policy and procedures. Knowledge of and significant experience with a student information management system, preferably Colleague
As described in Minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Admissions Officer. Applications will be accepted through May 26, 2019.
The Admission Officer will coordinate and assist with the connection and entry phases of curriculum program student recruitment and the admissions process, maintain admissions related functions of the student information management system (Colleague), and will communicate admissions related information to all appropriate audiences.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with college deans, program chairpersons, and appropriate staff, develop and execute a plan for student recruitment including campus tours and interest programs at the College and in area schools.
- Provide up-to-date admissions and program of study information to current and prospective students.
- Develop and maintain processes to receive and enter applicant data, and notify students of their acceptance into the College.
- In collaboration with the curriculum chairpersons for special admission programs, develop and maintain processes to track applicants and inform chairpersons and applicants of their status.
- Process high school transcripts for multiple measures placement test waiver; process college transcripts for coursework to waive English, math and computer placement tests.
- Maintain CFNC website to include term and major management and automated application follow-up.
- Maintain current knowledge of State residency guidelines; act as state residency liaison/college contact between the college and the state residency office.
- Maintain current knowledge of international student admission requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of military student/spouse admissions and SOC requirements
- Develop and maintain the communications management function of Colleague for student services.
- Conduct recruitment presentations and campus tours for diverse audiences.
- Respond to admissions related questions in a timely manner.
- Participate in classroom visitations, career expos, college fairs, and other special events to discuss program options with potential students.
- Supervise and assist Admissions staff with application processing and admissions screening.
- Maintain a steady flow of communication via email, social media, and phone calls with prospective students and applicants in order to establish a relationship with potential students.
Serve on school-wide committees as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Student Services Division with departmental activities not limited to registration, graduation, college/career days, etc. Peak enrollment periods require additional work hours. Other duties as requested by College personnel as approved by the Dean for Student Services.
Ability to sit and/or stand for periods of time; ability to lift 10-15 pounds to set up recruiting materials and equipment; ability to move from building to building and on and off campus for recruitment events.
Application Instructions: Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Resume in lieu of our fully completed application will not be accepted. Include a copy of your unofficial college/university transcript.
A job offer is conditional subject to a successful criminal background check.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu, or https://ccemployment.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2fy4irlg8q3
Resume in lieu of our fully completed application will be not accepted.
Attach a copy of unofficial college/university transcript.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557