Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree, preferably in office administration or computer information systems field.
- Requires three years’ demonstrated successful experience in a directly-relevant position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in technologies and programs commonly used in collegiate courses such as email, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Ability to respond to change
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail and accuracy are essential
Position requires repetitive computer data entry and sitting.
Strong preference for experience in a community college, particularly in a similarly-related area, and knowledge of and experience with the Colleague system for student records processing functions.
This position is responsible for a variety of Enrollment Services functions for both curriculum and continuing education These functions include processing of admission applications, maintaining electronic database records related to Enrollment, admission-related correspondence and records, and providing support for Welcome Desk coverage. This position serves as the primary person responsible for Workforce Development and Continuing Education registration processes and is also responsible for training other staff members in the registration process.
This position is located in the Whitcomb Student Center.
- Processes the receipt of curriculum and continuing education admission information and ensures entry of information into Colleague system for prospective and new student records. Information includes admission applications, high school and college transcripts, placement test and other standardized test information, and other items deemed necessary to create student records.
- Ensures effective follow-up communication with applicants regarding their admission status by utilizing the Colleague communications management system. Processes all follow-up communication according to established timetables or steps in the admission communication process.
- Manages the CFNC online application submission process for curriculum admission applications.
- Routes transcripts requiring evaluation to appropriate personnel.
- Scans and maintains all applications.
- Assists with transcripts and test scores.
- Provides training to others, as needed or warranted, for the processing of continuing education intake and admission application information.
- Participates in relevant division-wide or college-wide training and professional development opportunities.
- Participates with other Enrollment Services staff in on-campus and/or off-campus events that represent the College to prospective students by providing assistance for the preparation of such events.
- Registers Workforce Development and Continuing Education students over the phone, walk-in, and mail in.
- Assists with Workforce Development and Continuing Education instant enrollment online registration questions.
- Provides front desk coverage and service to students or other guests during specific times such as, but not limited to, registration periods, admission deadline periods, and other peak times.
- Informs staff of course enrollment and student feedback.
- Processes necessary changes to student records and course information as requested.
- Regularly works with Director of Enrollment Services to ensure that student records are accurate, and conducts periodic queries to verify accuracy.
- Assists with the correction of data needed for various admission and/or enrollment reports or as part of Colleague upgrades and maintenance.
- Assists with mailing of information requested from prospective students, via postal mail, email, or telephone.
- Maintains G Drive and interest lists for Workforce Development and Continuing Education enrollment.
Perform other related duties as assigned.