Main RCC Campus
Closes: Friday, March 19, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Experience working in a college setting or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to work within college admissions; working knowledge of computer programs; and experience in delivering excellent and professional customer service. Excellent knowledge of the Spanish language and ability to speak fluent Spanish is desired.
Same as minimum.
- Assisting with the implementation of advisory system and registration process.
- Assisting with the compilation and preparation of admissions related reports and records.
- Assisting the Admissions Office in providing pre-admission advising services.
- Advising prospective applicants, parents, and returning students concerning programs of study, admission standards, deadlines, policies, and procedures.
- Participating in college recruitment activities including career days, community programs, presentations, workshops, individual visits to area schools, etc.
- Serves as the initial contact for prospective students by discussing various course offerings, admissions policies and procedures; answers specific inquiries, maintains contact with prospective students, and ensures completion of application materials of students in admissions process
- Assesses prospective student admission data such as SAT, ACT, Accuplacer scores, and RISE GPA and reviews transcripts from high school, postsecondary institutions and other relative documentation.
- Assisting with the implementation of advisory system and registration process, to include processing change of major forms for students.
- Preparing and organizing Allied Health Packets for screening by Allied Health Directors.
- Interviewing and advising students interested in the following program areas: Associate of Science.
- Coordinating CCP activities in area high schools.
- Working in collaboration with high school counselors and high school career development specialists to advise and enroll students into CCP pathways.
- Working in collaboration with high school counselors and career development specialists to recruit, advise, and enroll students into CCP pathways.
- Assisting with organizing orientation activities for CCP students prior to beginning of their enrollment.
- Assisting with organizing Moodle orientation for CCP students prior to beginning their enrollment.
- Determines acceptance of applicants according to established CCP guidelines and approves qualified applicants using standard CCP admissions procedures.
- Tracking student progress and maintaining appropriate documentation to include applications, transcripts and test scores.
- Provide assistance with student registration for CCP classes.
- Documenting all CCP change of majors, academic probation forms, and class withdrawal forms.
- Participating in any school related activities in which CCP pathways can be promoted, i.e. Parents Nights, Athletic events, and Academic Booster Clubs.
- Organizing the dissemination of college pathway materials/instructional supplies.
- Participating in team meetings and professional development activities as directed by the Director of Admissions/Enrollment Services in coordination with appropriate Department Chairperson or Program Director.
- Engaging students, counselors, faculty, parents, and all stakeholders in information sessions related to college success and CCP advising sessions on related topics.
- Maintaining quality partnerships with secondary school personnel.
- Interpreting the mission, educational philosophy and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintaining the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Representing the College professionally and handling all student inquires confidentially.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment (robeson.edu/hr) and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment.
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359