COA - Elizabeth City
Closes: Sunday, August 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college.
- One year of experience in an office setting, preferably in higher education
***Open until filled***
FLSA: Technical/Paraprofessional - non-exempt
Position subject to availability of budgeted funds.
The role of the Admissions Specialist is to assist in the daily management and support of prospective students as they navigate the application and enrollment process and procedures for the College of The Albemarle. This includes application processing, admissions communication, and providing assistance relating to the completion of their initial students file. The Admissions Specialist will help to oversee the communications workflow, inquiry workflow, new applicant workflow and data management related to the complete admissions process.
The Admissions Specialist receives supervision from the Director, Admissions & Recruitment.
Examples of Duties:
Admissions & Enrollment Support:
- Serve as the main point of contact for prospective students and community members inquiring on the admissions process and procedures for all College of The Albemarle programs. This includes managing the main admissions phone line, email address, and prospective student web inquiries.
- Process incoming admissions applications and required documents related to an entering student’s file. Manage all applicant communication including confirmation email, admissions packet, and others.
- Work with incoming students on the understanding and completion of all COA admissions requirements including placement testing, online orientation, scholarship applications, and submission of transcripts.
- In working with prospective students, be fully educated on all COA program offerings (curriculum, continuing education, basic and transitional skills) and assist in determining which program is right for them while educating them on the specific application and enrollment procedure.
- Update completion of online orientation requirement for all new incoming students.
- Be knowledgeable of all services integrated through the COA admission processes including; College Foundation of NC (CFNC), FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), Residency Determination Service(RDS), Ellucian, COA MyCourses, COA MyServices, Aviso and the NC Community College placement requirements.
- Pull and utilize data related to admissions retention and matriculation rates.
- Provide referrals to other campus and community resources when applicable.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student information unless sharing information is due to a legitimate educational interest pursuant to FERPA and other COA Policies.
- Convey a positive and helpful outlook when greeting and assisting students, faculty, staff, and public.
- Serve as backup to the Campus Communications Specialist when needed, assisting with ID cards, student parking decals, and walk-in appointments.
- Provide administrative support to students and offices within SSEM relating to student success and engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.