Closes: Monday, June 25, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
An Associate Degree and two years of customer service experience or front office duties.
Communication, both oral and written, skills are necessary. Must have expert efficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
Extensive experience directly related to the position duties, well documented in the application packet, may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time position. The ability to effectively work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, resolve student issues and work well with others is critical to experiencing success in this position. Expertise in effectively communicating information and providing excellent customer service is essential to this position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth
The successful candidate will:
• Participate in health programs admissions activities, providing information to students in person and by phone.
• Perform duties in a manner that represents exemplary customer service both to the general public as well as College staff and personnel.
• Participate in student health admissions and registration activities, providing information and assistance to students regarding the admissions process,
registration process, graduation process, and health program information.
• Provide administrative support to the health programs faculty.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently. Demonstrate initiative by starting and completing projects without excessive prompting.
• Facilitate the registration and advising process by triaging and directing students to the appropriate program area.
• Work with College software including but not limited to Datatel/Colleague and Doc e View/Doc e Scan.
• Inform and explain college policies and procedures to students and/or general public.
• Participate in the researching of complex problems and discrepancies in records.
• Respond to difficult requests for information and act as liaison to other college departments and divisions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact