Adult Education Instructor
Main Campus and/or Correctional Facility
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Highly developed oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments, strong technology and technology application skills; task-oriented and self-directed; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups; strong computer skills with ability to use the computer to organize data and develop documents using MS Office Suite.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required.
Two years related work experience in the field of College and Career Readiness ABE or GED preferred. Prior teaching experience preferred.
General Description: The Adult Education Instructor, under the authority of the Dean of Adult Education the direct supervision of the CCR Coordinator/Chief Examiner, is responsible for developing, implementing, instructing, coordinating, and evaluating adult education, Adult High School, high school equivalency, and/or English as a Second Language programs that will result in students achieving academic success.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing critical thinking skills while earning an AHS or HSE credential.
- Assess individual learner's needs, set goals, and prescribe a plan of instructional activities to meet these goals.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on students' progress. Revise students' plans as needed.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, including LEIS paperwork, daily online attendance, student audit files, end-of-semester reconciliation, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
- Perform and document weekly student retention activities to assist in achieving state/federal mandates.
- Provide a variety of supplementary materials and methods to enhance distance learning.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet with students and provide one-on-one instruction as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of instructional and professional computer programs currently in use.
- Facilitate New Student Orientation.
- Provide student recommendations for testing services and online assessment as needed.
- Research and assess the appropriateness of various educational programs and other useful software and hardware. Communicate findings with CCR Coordinator.
- Evaluate student transcripts for transfer of credits and credits to attain a high school diploma.
- Average AHS course grades and complete course certification forms.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and meet with parent/guardian when needed.
- Maintain security of instructional materials, tests, and answer keys.
- Deliver and manage effective distance learning curriculum through an approved LMS.
- Attend state and regional training for implementation at local level.
- Adhere to Richmond Community College, College and Career Readiness, and distance education policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028