RCC Service Area
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Mathematics, English, Social Studies or related field. Must possess or obtain a NCCCS CORE Certification or its equivalent within 2 years of employment. Understanding of and commitment to unique nature and role of the College and Career Readiness Program, and the adult learner through knowledge of the methodology of providing individualized instruction. Ability and willingness to teach in a correctional facility.
Prior teaching experience in Adult Education with immured groups preferred
General Description: The Adult Education Instructor, under the direct supervision of the Adult Education Coordinator and the general supervision of the Dean of College and Career Readiness and Immured Programs, is responsible for the classroom instruction of high school equivalency adult education (HiSET/GED). The Instructor is responsible for appropriate reporting to Richmond Community College and Morrison Correctional Institution personnel and keeping current with the scheduling of classes and their enrollment requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Instruct College and Career Readiness class in the college service area (Morrison Correctional.)
- Assess individual learner’s needs, set goals, and prescribe a plan of instructional activities to meet these goals.
- Develop lesson plans for group instruction using the class profile developed from student assessments.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on students’ progress, record grades, and revise plans as needed.
- Maintain accurate records, including LEIS paperwork, daily attendance, end-of-semester reconciliation, and other paperwork and reports as requested.
- Meet all deadlines for initial student enrollment, end-of-semester reconciliation, and others as assigned.
- Maintain accuracy and confidentiality of each student’s semester audit file. Gather necessary forms and documentation for state/federal mandates.
- Maintain security of instructional materials, tests, answer keys, and student audit files.
- Attend annual staff development, state, and local training to meet instructor training.
- Be familiar with available teaching materials and use a variety of materials and methods.
- Provide student recommendations for various testing services.
- Adhere to Richmond Community College and NCDPS Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain communication links between the College and Career Readiness Program staff.
- Utilize daily planning periods and curriculum development days effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Position Available: August 1, 2020. Application review begins July 1, 2020. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 7. Starting range, $33,675 - $42,094, commensurate with experience.
Location: RCC Service Area
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.